Tuesday, December 23, 2008


I experience some truly deep thoughts while knitting. Random items swirl around in my head and if I could just capture a few of the damn things every once in a while... But I set the needles down and rush over to the keyboard, only to find my mind featureless and slightly marshmallowy. Genius lost. Anyway, I was having this idea for a blog unfold in my brain as I cast on the stitches for a little skullcap I am knitting for my husband, John. We just bought a 25' sailboat and he very much wants to take us (that's me and our three daughters) on a sail trip from Kemah to Galveston over the Christmas break. It's December and the weather has been all over the place. One day shining like mad and the next drizzling mist with a freezing crosswind. The unpredictability is what fires John up. Sailing is an ADVENTURE, he reminds me. It'll be FUN. And it probably will be but what's wrong with a little adventure that doesn't involve numb fingers and chattering teeth?

Crafting and culinary escapades aboard a sailboat. That's my life in a nutshell right now. Why not blog about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment